Joomla extensions and Joomla templates by JoomlaShine.com
„Európai Mezőgazdasági Vidékfejlesztési Alap: a vidéki térségekbe beruházó Európa”
  • Magyar
  • In English
  • Español
English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

 

nea 

 Szechenyi2020 logo

 

bort

 

Erasmus logo

letöltés

celteruletkatalogus

 hvs2011

naturamalogomod1

Dabas és Térsége Kézműves Egyesület

hvs2

Magyar Agrarkamara

vadonleso_large

oktk



GPF_MEDOC
Banner
Településeink - Pusztavacs
PDF Print E-mail
Településeink

Pusztavacs is located between highways M4 and M50 and about 5 kms distance from route E5, nearly halfway between Budapest (50kms) and Kecskemet (40kms). The township’s structure is centered around the main street and its park where the township’s main municipal and service institutions such as the Township Hall, post office, health center, elementary school, library, pharmacy, dentist’s office, credit union, church offices, grocery, café, and a bus stop are located. This is also the location of the township’s most important historical site, the Coburg mansion.

The settlement’s first written mention is from around 1280 as Och, but its history reaches far beyond the Middle Ages. Anthropologists have located remains of Avar and Sarmatian tribes in the area. The area’s geographical location encouraged early settlement, which was further enhanced by the establishment of major market routes between the markets of Pest and the Great Hungarian Plain around the 13th century. Thus the settlement was linked to the country’s economic circulation. As a result, Vacs was granted weekly market privileges in 1384. The name of the township has changed a number of times throughout the centuries and so did its ownership. Around 1440, it became a well known station of pilgrimage. As a result of the Ottoman occupation, it became deserted by about 1650, and its resettlement only began in 1834 under the ownership of a Prince Ferdinand Koháry and the related Coburg family. In 1870, the settlement was established as a township, and its name was finalized as Pusztavacs. The township’s 19th century development was prompted by the owner Prince Coburg’s investments. He not only brought in new settlers to the area, but established a medical station and pharmacy in 1850, and later opened the township’s first school in 1856. The township lost its independence and became part of Örkény in 1970 as a result of a countrywide municipal integration initiative, and regained its independent township status only in 1990.

 

Pusztavacs gained countrywide renown as a result of a 1968 initiative, which located Hungary’s geographical center (North Longitude 47 11’ and East Latitude 19 30’) in the township’s vicinity. The exact spot is demarcated with an 11 meters tall eight sided pyramid shaped tower built in 1978 designed by architect József Kerényi. The monument and surrounding area is a favorite site seeing spot and a nature preserve about 05. km north from the township.

Pusztavacs’ traditional industrial activities are connected to forestry and lumber milling businesses. There are six such businesses operating in the area, the most significant of which is FO-FA KFT. This branch of the Nagykunság Forestry and Lumber Ltd. Produces, almost exclusively, for EU markets. There are also a number of traditional small farms focusing on vegetable or meat production. Another significant employment opportunity is provided by the nearby army station.

Homepage: www.pusztavacs.hu

Share
 

LINC 2019 – Parnu, Észtország

Erasmus+ Catalyst International meeting Krakow 2018

Erasmus Catalyst 2017

HFS Fórumok

Minden jog fenntartva.
Az oldalainkon közölt tartalom újraközlése
és sokszorosítása csak tartalmi és formai
módosítás nélkül engedélyezett.

© Új Magyarország Vidékfejlesztési Program
Felelős szerkesztő: Rácz Judit, munkaszervezet vezető racz.judit@leaderkontakt.hu