Joomla extensions and Joomla templates by JoomlaShine.com
„Európai Mezőgazdasági Vidékfejlesztési Alap: a vidéki térségekbe beruházó Európa”
  • Magyar
  • In English
  • Español
English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

 

nea 

 Szechenyi2020 logo

 

bort

 

Erasmus logo

letöltés

celteruletkatalogus

 hvs2011

naturamalogomod1

Dabas és Térsége Kézműves Egyesület

hvs2

Magyar Agrarkamara

vadonleso_large

oktk



GPF_MEDOC
Banner
Településeink - Újhartyán
PDF Print E-mail
Településeink

Újhartyán is a township of 2007 residents 24 kms south from the capital, near the geographical center of the country. Transportation access to the township is excellent. This is the first hub of highway M5 (E75) after it leaves Budapest.

 

The present township was created in the place of the medieval Hartyán village and its name means New Hartyán. This ancient village was established in the time of the settlement of Hungarians, and it was first mentioned as “villa Harquian” in 1276AD in a papal bull. The name is probably a derivation of an old Hungarian word for the function of a tribal judge, “horka”. The area was the homestead of one such officer. The settlement grew into a flourishing village by the end of the middle ages, but its development was broken during the Ottoman occupation. As a result of the 15-year war, the village was deserted like many other settlements in Pest County. After the end of the Ottoman rule, the deserted settlement was bought first by Pal Raday, then count Antal Grassalkovics in 1731. Grassalkovich began the construction of the new village design in 1764 and brought in Hungarian, Bavarian and Slovakian settlers to repopulate the area by granting parcels of land. The new township under the name Újhartyan was officially established in 1772, which also initiated municipal development. Its church was built in 1776 and its first school in 1781. The colorful ethnic landscape of the settlement and healthy property structure encouraged the development of a wealthy township. The township’s life and prosperity was disturbed by the two World Wars, but, fortunately, its residents escaped most of the atrocities. The Germanic residents, for example, evaded the post-World War II ethnic evacuation, which was a general policy in post-war Hungary.

 

After the collapse of the socialist regime in the 1990s, the construction of the new super highway M5 gave a boost to the township’s economy. The easy access to significant transportation routes and the nearness to Budapest prompted the development of the new industrial park established on the east end of town, which has become the central location for many multinational companies.

 

The visitor is welcomed by a very orderly residential landscape. Main Street is the location of many important and historical buildings such as the Baroque style St. Borbála Catholic Church and parsonage, and the nearby Township Hall. On the outskirts of town, there is the renovated Chapel of the Virgin Mary, which was built on the 1800s and was badly damaged in WW II.

Újhartyán’s area provides a number of sites for the visitors. In the forest northeast of town, there are the remains of the deserted Pótharaszt settlement’s church. The settlement was a station on the cattle commerce route from the Great Hungarian Plain toward Pest and further West. The township’s most important natural treasure is the recreational lake created in the valley of the Hernád creek. The township’s Bavarian residents keenly observe their ethnic heritage, and they provide a colorful display of the traditional Bavarian dances and brass band at many local events.

 

Home page: www.ujhartyan.hu

Share
 

LINC 2019 – Parnu, Észtország

Erasmus+ Catalyst International meeting Krakow 2018

Erasmus Catalyst 2017

HFS Fórumok

Minden jog fenntartva.
Az oldalainkon közölt tartalom újraközlése
és sokszorosítása csak tartalmi és formai
módosítás nélkül engedélyezett.

© Új Magyarország Vidékfejlesztési Program
Felelős szerkesztő: Rácz Judit, munkaszervezet vezető racz.judit@leaderkontakt.hu