Joomla extensions and Joomla templates by JoomlaShine.com
„Európai Mezőgazdasági Vidékfejlesztési Alap: a vidéki térségekbe beruházó Európa”
  • Magyar
  • In English
  • Español
English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

 

nea 

 Szechenyi2020 logo

 

bort

 

Erasmus logo

letöltés

celteruletkatalogus

 hvs2011

naturamalogomod1

Dabas és Térsége Kézműves Egyesület

hvs2

Magyar Agrarkamara

vadonleso_large

oktk



GPF_MEDOC
Banner
Településeink - Újlengyel
PDF Print E-mail
Településeink

Újlengyel is a township of 1737 residents located halfway between two major highways, highways M5 and M4 on a wooded sand ridge. It was established on the location of a couple of ancient settlements, called Vatya and Pótharaszt by creating a group of small parcels for the local peasantry. The creation of this settlement was initiated by the Tisza-region Credit Bank under the direction of Zoltán Lengyel in the beginning of the 1900s. He also donated parcels for a new municipal building, school, and church, so the township was named after him in honor of his generosity.

 

Even though Újlengyel itself if a relatively young settlement, the area was inhabited since ancient times and assumed a significant role in the economy of the region. The place’s was habited by the ancient “Vatya culture” in the Bronze Age already, whose anthropological remains are dated back to around 1800 BC. Pótharaszt was the last significant station on the Körös cattle driving route before reaching Pest. The cattle were examined and rested here before arriving to Pest’s market. The town had the rights for holding markets too. The only thing remaining of this flourishing little agrarian town is the ruins of its church. As many of the neighboring settlements, Vatya and Pótharaszt were decimated during the Ottoman occupation. Later, Vatya was bought by the Bihary, then the Count Steinlein families and was annexed by Újhartyan. Its population grew very gradually, and reached 500 only by the end of the 1800s, which increased to 1600 as a result of a vigorous growth around 1940. The settlements serving as the basis for the later township were created from the local clustered farming communities and scattered agricultural settlements around Vatya and the newly created Lengyelfalva (1907). These areas organized into a unified township in 1945, which adopted its new name Újlengyel in 1948.

 

In 1960, a good portion of Újlengyel’s residents still lived in peripheral settlements, and the main source of employment became the industrial economy of the capital, which was easily accessible for the locals through neighboring Pilis township’s fast transportation routes. The township’s life was particularly affected by the central government’s integration initiatives, which linked it first to Újhartyan in 1975, then, to Hernád in 1977. These decisions, however, did not take into account local political interest, and so the residents decoupled themselves from other municipal governments as soon as their political will could be enforced in a democratic manner (1990). Since then, the township continued an independent development with cooperative options in mind.

 

The township’s natural treasures are worthy recreational spots. Parts of the Pótharaszt Juniper Barren Natural Preserve reach into Újlengyel’s territory too.

 

Homepage: www.ujlengyel.hu

Share
 

Erasmus+ Catalyst International meeting Krakow 2018

Erasmus Catalyst 2017

HFS Fórumok

LEADER Tájház Kakucson

Minden jog fenntartva.
Az oldalainkon közölt tartalom újraközlése
és sokszorosítása csak tartalmi és formai
módosítás nélkül engedélyezett.

© Új Magyarország Vidékfejlesztési Program
Felelős szerkesztő: Rácz Judit, munkaszervezet vezető racz.judit@leaderkontakt.hu