Településeink - Vasad
Print
Településeink

Vasad is a township of 1724 residents in the middle of Pest County, about 35 kms from Budapest, at the foot of the Gödöllő hill range. It is easiest to reach from highway M4 at the Monor exit. It has a full-service municipal infrastructure, which includes electric, water, sewer, heating gas, cable, and broadband internet networks as well as paved streets. Its geographical location makes the Capital the township’s greatest attraction for education, employment, and even leisure activities. Conversely, the easy access to major transportation routes, the nearness of the capital combined with the quiet, comfortable, and pleasant residential living characteristic of this little township made it an attractive vacation spot, especially with the expansion of the M0 beltway. The main industries are animal husbandry, food industry, forestry, transportation and logistics systems, and commerce.

 

The township’s first mention in Vasad form is form 1361, but the its real history started in 1756, when the Ráday and Fáy family estates invited new protestant settlers from Marcellháza, Komárom County, who were persecuted for their religious believes. Some of these settlers moved all the way to Transylvania in search of better fields for their horses and only returned here years later already with their newly established families.

 

The township’s sites are the Lutheran church and the First and Second World War Memorial. Its historic buildings are the Szemző mansion, which served as an educational institution for a long time, and the Möller mansion. The most lasting experience, however, is provided by the magical ambiance of the nearby farmsteads.

 

The landscape is dominantly shifting sand plains spackled with a few sand dunes, which defines the economic character of the settlement. The greatest portion of the residents has participated in agricultural production for centuries. The sandy, loamy soils are especially suited for vegetable production, and the potatoes, carrots, melon, and cabbages grown on Vasad’s fields are sought-after products at the markets of the capital. The scattered farmsteads around town have become attractive sites of various businesses, especially, geared toward horse lovers.

 

The township is skirted with peripheral woods, which blend into the neighboring Csévharaszt’s Juniper Barren, which is a protected area since 1939. This nature preserve is the home of the Bank Swallow, Bee-eater (Merops Apiaster) and resting place for many migrating birds. On the area’s grassy fields, we can find primeval turf, protected and rare plants.

 

Homepage: www.vasad.hu

Share